At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
APU's pre-engineering program prepares students to complete an advanced engineering degree to use in a wide array of job opportunities in multiple scientific fields. The pre-engineering program is designed to enable students to:
- Complete an engineering degree at another institution of their choice.
- Demonstrate skill in the appropriate use of technology specific to engineering disciplines.
- Develop confidence in strategies of problem solving.
- Apply problem-solving strategies in small-group collaborations.
- Effectively communicate technical information in written and verbal form.
- Integrate learning from mathematics and science courses and discover the significance of these tools in the applied field of engineering.
- Describe and assess different views of the relationship between biblical and scientific perspectives of nature.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a pre-engineering major if you:
- Are interested in electronics, computers, robotics, or architecture.
- Want to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Enjoy approaching problems carefully and methodically.
- Enjoy numbers, puzzles, and mental challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
Learn more about this program.
“The pre-engineering program paired with the unique liberal arts education offered at APU has really helped shape my worldview by my faith and studies. As I’m being prepared to study electrical engineering, I’ve had the opportunity to know faculty personally, even performing research with one professor.”