Careers for Math/Physics Majors
- Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer
- Urban Designer
- Forensic Analyst
- Public Utilities Analyst
- Air Traffic Controller
- Climate Analyst
A mathematics major’s typical starting salary is $36,350. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $83,037. A physics major’s typical starting salary is $48,993. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $101,846.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit www.payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Math/Physics Degrees
- Physicist, Medical/Cancer Treatment Research and Development-Proton Beam Therapy, Hitachi America Ltd
- Manager, Statistical Programming, Quintiles, Inc.
- Math Educator, Assessment Technology
- Simulation Specialist, Raytheon Missile Systems
- Director of Information and Technical Services, Kansas Electric Power Cooperative
- Program Analyst, Census Bureau
- Director of Institutional Retirement Plans, CPS & Associates Investment Advisors
- Computer Consultant, IET Company
- Health Physicist, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Major, United States Air Force, United States Strategic Command
- Deputy Director, Division of Math Sciences, National Science Foundation
- Associate Scientist, Midwest Research Institute