At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Biochemistry Majors
- Pharmaceutical Researcher
- Dentist or other Health Professional
- Research Scientist
- Research and Laboratory Technician
- Environmental Scientist
- Forensic Scientist
The typical starting salary for a biochemistry major is $41,658. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $76,753.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Biochemistry Degrees
- Chief Scientific Officer, Zen-Bio, Inc.
- Research Scientist, Investigational Genomics, Paradigm Genetics
- Patent and Trademark Attorney, Eli Lilly, Inc.
- Director, Clinical Science Assessment, Laboratory Corporation of America
- Staff Scientist, Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- Associate Manufacturing Chemist, Sigma-Aldrich
- Resident in Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic