At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Sociology Majors
- Counselor/Case Manager
- Research Scientist
- FBI/CIA Agent
- Correctional Officer
- Social Services Case Manager
- Nonprofit Program Coordinator
- Human Resources Manager
The typical starting salary for a sociology major is $32,388. The typical salary after 10-19 years is $57,835.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Sociology Degrees
- Attorney, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Vice President for News Editorials, Knight-Ridder, Inc.
- Director, Community Television, Santa Cruz
- Music Director and Conductor, The Berkeley Symphony
- Deputy Public Defender, Riverside County Public Defender’s Office
- Director of Research, The National Jury Project
- Founder and Owner, New Leaf Community Markets
- Managing Editor, Image magazine, San Francisco Examiner
- Applied Sociologist, British Columbia
- Care Coordinator, Alternatives in Psychological Consultation
- Correctional Counselor, California Department of Corrections
- AdWords Associate Manager, Google
- Player Development Manager, NFL
- Consumer Market Researcher, Founder of Opinion Technology Company
- HR Policy Writer, Veritas
- Membership and Development Manager, San Diego Museum of Art
- Strategist, Egg Strategy
- Lead Organizer, California Sierra Club