At a Glance
Areas of Study
- Audio Recording Track
- Commercial Instrumental Track
- Commercial Vocal Track
- Composing and Arranging Track
- Music Business Track
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Commercial Music Degree
APU's Bachelor of Music in Commercial Music prepares students for careers in both the Christian and secular commercial music industry. Courses in theory, music history, literature, and conducting give the student a thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship. Bachelor of Music majors also participate in musical ensembles, attend and perform in recitals, and take voice and piano classes, providing extensive, diverse musical experiences. Commercial music majors graduate with the artistic and practical preparation they need to start a musical career.
APU’s Bachelor of Music major (B.M.) equips musicians to take their art to the next level. The degree is tailored to students desiring a career in performance, music ministry, private teaching (pedagogy), the Christian and secular commercial music industry, professional composing, or to pursue advanced degrees.
Learn more about the Bachelor of Music in Commercial Music.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a commercial music major (B.M.) if you:
- Are diligent and willing to put in extensive time and effort to hone your talent into skill.
- Enjoy the creative process, including writing and arranging music.
- Plan to pursue an advanced degree in music.
- Seek thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship.
- Dream of being part of the commercial music industry.