About the Program
The Bachelor of Music in Commercial Music prepares students for careers in both the Christian and secular commercial music industry. Coursework maintains a real-world point of view, reflective of faculty who are primarily working professionals in the field of commercial music. This commercial music degree program seeks to produce versatile, prepared musicians who are able to teach themselves new skills and practices in an ever-changing commercial music industry.
As part of the requirements, students select from one of five tracks:
- Audio Recording Track
- Commercial Instrumental Track
- Commercial Vocal Track
- Composing and Arranging Track
- Music Business Track
- Small classes that facilitate greater student access to professors
- Freedom to integrate faith and musicianship
- Interaction with a variety of performance groups
- Access to the greater Los Angeles area, which provides opportunities in many different venues including musicals, operas, church concerts, recording studios, orchestras, jazz bands, etc.
School of Music Accreditation
A degree from Azusa Pacific University is respected and recognized internationally, and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.