At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Worship Leader Training
The Bachelor of Music in Music and Worship provides students with a broad perspective in the field of music ministry. Courses in theory, music history, literature, and conducting give the student a thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship. Bachelor of Music in Music and Worship majors also receive worship leader training, participate in musical ensembles, attend and perform in recitals, and take voice and piano classes, providing extensive, diverse musical experiences. Students graduate with the artistic and practical preparation they need to start a musical career.
APU’s Bachelor of Music major (B.M.) equips musicians to take their art to the next level. The degree is tailored to students desiring a career in music ministry, performance, private teaching (pedagogy), the Christian and secular commercial music industry, professional composing, or to pursue advanced degrees.
Learn more about the Bachelor of Music in Music and Worship.
Meet the Faculty
Stephen Martin, M.M., is director of the music and worship program in Azusa Pacific’s School of Music.
Get to know our music faculty.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a music and worship major (B.M.) if you:
- Are passionate about worship's transformative role in the Church.
- Are diligent and willing to put in extensive time and effort to hone your talent into skill.
- Enjoy the creative process, including performing, writing and arranging music.
- Desire to serve as a musician, music director, worship leader, or administrator in the Church.
- May want to teach the art of music privately or at the college level.
- May plan to pursue an advanced degree in music.
- Seek thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship.