At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Music Performance Major
The Bachelor of Music in Performance major equips musicians to take their art to the next level and prepares them for careers in performance, pedagogy (private teaching), or to pursue advanced degrees. Courses in theory, music history, literature, and conducting give the student a thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship. Music performance majors also participate in musical ensembles, attend and perform in recitals, and take voice and piano classes, providing extensive, diverse musical experiences. Students graduate with the artistic and practical preparation they need to start a musical career.
APU’s Bachelor of Music major (B.M.) equips musicians to take their art to the next level. The degree is tailored to students desiring a career in performance, music ministry, private teaching (pedagogy), the Christian and secular commercial music industry, professional composing, or to pursue advanced degrees.
Learn more about the Bachelor of Music in Performance.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a music performance major (B.M.) if you:
- Are diligent and willing to put in extensive time and effort to hone your talent into skill.
- Enjoy the creative process, including writing and arranging music.
- Visualize a career performing in a professional orchestra or vocal ensemble.
- Want to teach the art of music privately or at the college level.
- Plan to pursue an advanced degree in music.
- Seek thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship.