At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
About the Program
APU’s Bachelor of Music in Performance equips musicians to take their art to the next level. The degree is tailored to students desiring a career in performance, pedagogy (private teaching), or to pursue advanced degrees in performance. The performance major is offered in:
- Brass, Wind, or Percussion
- Violin, Viola, Cello, or Bass
In addition to music performance, courses in theory, music history, literature, and conducting give the student a thorough preparation in comprehensive musicianship. Performance majors also participate in musical ensembles, attend and perform in recitals, and take voice and piano classes, providing extensive, diverse musical experiences. A music performance major leaves APU with the artistic and practical preparation needed to start a musical career.
- Small classes that facilitate greater student access to professors
- Freedom to integrate faith and musicianship
- Interaction with a variety of performance groups
- Access to the greater Los Angeles area, which provides opportunities in many different venues including musicals, operas, church concerts, recording studios, orchestras, jazz bands, etc.
School of Music Accreditation
A degree from Azusa Pacific University is respected and recognized internationally, and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.