Internships and Jobs
Azusa Pacific is located in Southern California within driving distance to Los Angeles, offering students access to rich history and contribution to the arts, as well as numerous possibilities for internships and career opportunities. Internships are strongly encouraged for the Studio Art concentration, and required for the Visual Art (BFA) and Graphic Design majors. An internship provides direct practical experience in the various activities involved with each emphasis. You may receive class credit by registering for the course ART 475 Art Internship. Between 90 and 120 hours of on-location internship hours are required to fulfill this assignment. It is essential that the student be directly involved in the work. The employer must be willing to give necessary instructions to the intern. Generally, there will be no pay for the hours of internship work. See the professor of the course ART 475 Art Internship for specific internship forms.
Careers for Graphic Design Majors
- Web Designer
- Corporate Designer
- In-house Designer
- Advertising Designer
- Freelance Designer
- Editorial Designer
- Typography Designer
A graphic design major’s typical starting salary is $28,000. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $60,565.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Graphic Design Degrees
- Creative Director, Lead Multimedia Director, Miller Designworks, Inc.
- Project Manager, Universal Studios – Jurassic Park
- Creative Director, DIRECTV
- Founder, Paragon Design Group
- Graphic Designer, FOX 9/UPN 29
- Print and Design Specialist, Lands’ End
- Interactive Graphic Designer, Periscope Advertising
- Graphic Designer and Contract Computer Animator, Ghost Productions, Inc.
- Graphic Design Coordinator, Imagine Studios