At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Film Production Degree
Azusa Pacific University’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Cinematic Arts Production is a comprehensive film production degree that teaches the art and business of film and television production from a story-centered point of view. Students are immersed in hands-on filmmaking with state-of-the-art equipment and first-rate instruction. All of this occurs just 25 miles from Hollywood, in the vibrant cinematic arts community of Southern California, which features superior access to industry professionals and resources.
Beyond simply learning how to use the tools of the trade, students are also challenged to thoughtfully consider how art and culture impact one another and what role the Christian artist plays in the process. All cinematic arts students follow a core of classes that give them a broad understanding of the film and television industry. This multi-faceted approach teaches students the basics of production while also providing a solid critical understanding of the industry from both an historical and business perspective.
Requiring more units than the B.A. in Cinematic Arts, the BFA in Cinematic Arts Production requires the highest standards in arts education. Combining mastery of craft with scholarship, the BFA program encourages the artistic and spiritual growth of students and the exploration of their calling from a thoughtful and culturally engaged Christian worldview.
- Study the arts and entertainment industry at a campus located just 25 miles from Hollywood with access to “A list” internships and resources.
- Develop a spiritually aware critical and creative outlook.
- Practice artistic excellence in storytelling and technique.
- Be part of an active student filmmaker community through Azusa Film Society.
- Build a professional and personal network of like-minded creative individuals that will transition to the local arts and entertainment industry.
Is This Film Production Degree Right for You?
You’re a cinematic arts production major if you:
- Have a passion for storytelling.
- Are interested in exploring the interaction of faith, culture, and the arts.
- Want to learn how movies are made and how they affect culture.
- Like to work with new technology.
- Like making ideas into reality.
- Work well as part of a team.
Learn more about this major.
Student Production Resources
Current APU cinematic arts students can find more information about the major and useful production resources at the Student Production Resources website.