At a Glance
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Admission Requirements – Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and art history degree program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Grade-point average of 3.0 or above
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate application (Apply Online | Download PDF)
- $45 application fee
- Official transcripts
Request that official transcripts be sent to APU’s Graduate and Professional Center for all degrees, certificates, and credentials earned prior to application to APU. Learn more about APU’s transcript policy.
- Two APU recommendation forms
Submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
Please include the most relevant work and volunteer experience.
- Letter of Intent
Submit a letter of intent, 1,500 words or less, that answers the following questions:
- Please share your interest in studying Modern Art History at APU.
- What are your career goals, and how would this degree assist you?
- Share a significant experience with a work of art.
- What is your understanding on the relationship between art and religion?
Send all materials to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. A Skype interview may be requested and coordinated by the Department of Art and Design. The student will be notified in writing of the admission decision.