Admission and Auditions
Admission Requirements for the B.A. in Theater Arts
Acceptance to the university guarantees admission to the B.A. in Theater Arts program.
Admission Requirements for the BFA in Acting for the Stage and Screen
Students interested in being considered for admission to the BFA in Acting for the Stage and Screen must indicate their desire on the their application to the university.
Admission to the university does not guarantee admission into the BFA. Applicants must audition to be accepted into the acting degree. Transfer students must audition as well.
BFA Audition and Talent Scholarship Requirements
- Two contrasting monologues (1–2 minutes per monologue)
- 16 bars of a song (Sing a capella or bring a recorded accompanist.)
- Complete the audition form (PDF).
- Bring a picture and a resume (optional)
BFA Audition Dates for Students Entering Spring 2016
October 5, 6 p.m.–10 p.m.
October 6, 6 p.m.–10 p.m.
BFA Audition Dates for Students Entering Fall 2016
January 23, 2016, 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
January 30, 2016, 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
February 5, 2016, 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
February 27, 2016, 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Auditions will be held in the Warehouse Theater, located on APU’s West Campus at 701 E. Foothill Blvd., Azusa, CA 91702. Please schedule an audition appointment by contacting Jill Lincoln at (626) 815-6000, Ext. 5035 or email@example.com.
Video Audition and Talent Scholarship Requirements
If you cannot attend a campus audition on the dates listed above, you may submit the following online. Video submissions are due by April 17, 2016.
- Complete the audition form on Slideroom
- Upload two contrasting monologues (1–2 minutes per monologue)
- 16 bars of a song (You may sing a cappella.)
- Upload picture and resume on Slideroom (optional)