Admission and Auditions
Auditions are required to be admitted to the BFA: Acting for the Stage and Screen program, for scholarships, and for various roles in our theater and film productions. B.A. and BFA theater majors are required to audition every semester for shows.
Please bring a headshot, a résumé, and a completed Audition Form (PDF) to your audition, and be sure to arrive early!
For more information about auditions, please call the APU Theater office at (626) 815-5035. For more information about scheduling and preparing for an audition, please call (626) 815-6000, Ext. 5580.
For BFA Candidates
Faculty are looking for students who display potential for a professional acting career in Stage and Screen. To audition, please prepare:
- Two contrasting monologues (no longer than 90-seconds)
- 16-bar song (accompanist provided) (If you are not a singer, we want to see your creativity and sense of fun. You can sing acapella, i.e. "Happy Birthday.")
- Please bring a picture and resume
If you cannot attend campus auditions on the dates listed below, you can submit a YouTube link of the above requirements, plus a résumé and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3, 2014.
For B.A./BFA Theater Majors (Show Auditions)
- One-minute monologue
- 16-bars of a musical theater selection
For Non-Theater Majors (Show Auditions)
Choose one of the following:
- Two contrasting one-minute monologues
- Two 16-bar musical theater selections
- One monologue and one song
Spring 2014 Auditions
January 25, 2014, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
February 1, 2014, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
To schedule your audition appointment, please call (626) 815-5035, or email email@example.com with the subject line, “BFA Auditions.”
View the 2013–14 shows.