Programs and Events
A wide variety of student-initiated activities ranging from dances, bungee jumping, cultural events, and intramural sports programs are coordinated by interns throughout the year. Below are some of the programs and events planned throughout the year.
- Fall Fest (September) is an annual outdoor concert that welcomes new and returning students to the APU community.
- Intramural Sports (September-November) include bowling, flag football, softball, and volleyball tournaments comprised of student-organized teams.
- Homecoming/Family Weekend (October) provides an opportunity for alumni and current students’ families to join the community in celebrating God First at Azusa Pacific University.
- Les Femmes is the university’s fall semiformal dance held at an off-campus location in the L.A. area.
- Intramural Sports (January-April) include 5-on-5 basketball, bowling, dodgeball, and soccer tournaments comprised of student-organized teams.
- Shenanigans is an end of the year celebration of music and fun!
- Cougar Classic, an invitational basketball tournament for GSAC schools, is played in the spring at the end of the intramural basketball season.
Events Held Throughout the Year
- Coffeehouse (monthly) is an informal gathering of student performers and artists.
- Cultural Arts (monthly) features culturally diverse programs that promote cultural awareness and appreciation.
- Outdoor Adventure Trips (monthly) host activities such as hiking, camping, and rock climbing.
- Concerts (two per semester) are a great venue featuring locally and nationally recognized Christian bands.
- On-Campus Dances (one per semester) provide opportunities for students to get down and boogie.
- Student Clubs and Organizations Fair (one per semester) enables students to find out how to get involved in special interest clubs and organizations.
- Commuter Fair (one per semester) enables commuter students to find out what on-campus services are available to them as well as ways to get involved.
- Midnight Breakfast (one per semester) is held the night before finals, and provides an opportunity for students to relax and get some last-minute tips from professors on the following week’s exams.