The University Counseling Center is currently accepting applications for up to four practicum positions for the upcoming academic year.
To be considered for the Practicum Training Program, applicants should:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in providing clinical services and outreach to APU’s student body.
- Have completed at least two years of doctoral level coursework.
- Have excellent clinical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong interest in exploring faith integration/spirituality with clients.
- Have previous clinical experience working with older adolescents/young adults.
Candidates who do not meet these requirements but have significant additional experience still may be considered.
The contract commitment consists of one academic year (late August to early June), 16 hours per week, which equals approximately 600 total hours. Students are encouraged to spend two full days per week at the UCC, with Friday being a required day. Practicum students are also required to attend UCC orientation, which begins in late August each year.
All applicants must be currently enrolled in a clinical psychology Ph.D. or Psy.D. program, and must receive approval from their school’s Director of Clinical Training before applying.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation, as well as agree with and sign APU’s Statement of Faith (PDF). An in-person interview will be required of all final candidates in either February or March.
Deadline for applications: Mid-February
For more information, please contact Grace Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send applications to:
Grace Kim, Ph.D.
University Counseling Center
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Phone: (626) 815-2109
Fax: (626) 815-2104