CMIN 496 Senior Seminar: Church and Society (3)
Students use practical theology methods learned in class to create an
integrated Christian response to a contemporary social issue. It considers
the ethical, spiritual, and community causes and impacts of social issues
and teaches students to develop informed Christian responses to them.
This course is taught in a seminar format that includes a major paper and
two presentations. Meets the General Studies Senior Seminar requirement.
Prerequisites: A student intending to register for Senior Seminar must meet the following prerequisites.
1. Completion of a minimum of 90 units
2. Completion of the Upper-division Writing Intensive requirement
3. Completion of God’s Word and the Christian Response units, according to the following:
• For students transferring in 0–27 units: 9 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response
• For students transferring in 28–59 units: 6 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response
• For students transferring in 60 or more units: 3 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response