This course facilitates the integration of Christian faith and values with careers in the helping profession. This is accomplished through examining religious and spiritual experiences, as well as ethical dilemmas often confronted by social workers, nurses, counselors, and others in the helping profession, as they exist within the context of one's cultural, social, and physical environment. Attention is given to the process of faith development, historical perspectives, and the diversity of spiritual experiences. Meets the general studies senior seminar requirement. Prerequisites: A student intending to register for Senior Seminar must meet the following prerequisites.
1. Completion of a minimum of 90 units
2. Completion of the Upper-division Writing Intensive requirement
3. Completion of God’s Word and the Christian Response units, according to the following:
• For students transferring in 0–27 units: 9 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response
• For students transferring in 28–59 units: 6 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response
• For students transferring in 60 or more units: 3 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response