Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
University graduate and program admission requirements must be met before an application is complete. (See Graduate Admission to the University.)
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the admission process. Please contact the International Center at +1-626-812-3055, or email IC.
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission
- A $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to, and awarding, the applicant’s baccalaureate degree and all post-baccalaureate study (To be considered official, a transcript must be mailed directly from the Office of the Registrar of the institution attended to the Graduate Center at Azusa Pacific University. Students’ sealed copies will not be considered official.)
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum baccalaureate or master’s grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Three recommendation forms submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Letter to the dean describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Résumé or Statement of Experience
- Proof of Multiple- or Single-Subject Physical Education Teaching Credential or Education Specialist Credential. Those who supply an Education Specialist Credential also must meet additional prerequisites of 12 upper-division units in Physical Education, including motor learning and development and kinesiology or the CSET in Physical Education.
All materials should be sent to:
Graduate Center: Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
568 E. Foothill Blvd.
Azusa, CA 91702
Fax: (626) 815-4545