At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Criteria for Admission
In order to be admitted into the Added Authorization in Special Education program, a candidate must have a current CTC-designated Education Specialist Credential, Mild/Moderate (before summer 2010).
Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the standard admission process. View international requirements below or contact the International Center at +1-626-812-3055 or by email.
- Graduate Application for Admission
(Apply Online | Download PDF)
- $45 nonrefundable application fee. View payment methods.
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all post-baccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a 2.5–2.9 GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Three recommendation forms that assess competence and character. Appropriate recommendations include those who have supervised the applicant’s leadership or teaching experience with children/youth in public or private settings, an employer who directly supervised the applicant, or one faculty/academic reference. References from neighbors, friends, and relatives are not appropriate, unless they have served as supervisors. Please use the official recommendation forms; additional letters are optional.
- Résumé (preferred) or Statement of Experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Letter to the dean describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Valid preliminary Special Education Credential
- Proof of passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
Send all materials to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The student is notified in writing of the admission decision.