At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Domestic Applicant Requirements
- Candidates with a master’s degree that did not include coursework equivalent to EDL 582 (Cornerstones of Educational Leadership) may be required to take that course.
Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the standard admission process. View international requirements below or contact the International Center at +1-626-812-3055 or by email.
- Graduate Application for Admission
(Apply Online | Download PDF)
- $45 nonrefundable application fee. View payment methods.
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all post-baccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a 2.5–2.9 GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Three recommendation forms submitted by principals or district administrators who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential for service in school administration
- Résumé (preferred) or Statement of Experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Letter to the dean describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Valid clear prerequisite teaching or services credential or designated subject credential
- Verification of Teaching or Pupil Personnel Experience form with supervisor signatures demonstrating at least five years of full-time service under a basic credential (e.g., Teaching, Pupil Personnel Services, Library, School Nurse, etc.). If your required five years of teaching and/or pupil personnel experience is held within more than one district, please fill out one form per district.
- Proof of passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
Send all materials to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The student is notified in writing of the admission decision.