The following is the process for applying for a credential through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC):
- Candidate determines name of credential and any additional information that must be submitted along with the application. Refer to the Credential Application Required Documents (PDF).
- Candidate prints and completes the Credential Application Request Form (PDF) and submits the form and additional information to the School of Education credentialing office. A permanent email address must be supplied with the form.
- Program administrative assistant reviews the candidates program file for completion of credential requirements. If all requirements have not been met, the candidate will be notified.*
- Provided requirements have been met, credential analyst submits application information online to CTC to recommend candidate for a credential.
- CTC will notify the candidate via email with instructions to complete the CTC online application process.
- Candidate completes CTC online application process by providing requested information and submitting a $57 fee using a MasterCard or Visa credit or debit card.
- CCTC emails confirmation to the candidate that the recommendation, application, and fee have been received.
- CTC emails the candidate and credential analyst when credential document has been granted (within 10 working days of verification of receipt of recommendation and application). A copy of this email will be accepted by school districts as proof of credential.
- Credential can be viewed online at www.ctc.ca.gov 48 hours after it has been granted.
*Please note that the process from receipt of the request form to submission of recommendation may take two to eight weeks.