At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change.
University graduate and program admission requirements must be met before an application is complete. (View university requirements for graduate admission.)
- Graduate Application for Admission
(Apply Online | Download PDF)
- $45 nonrefundable application fee. View payment methods.
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all post-baccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a 2.5–2.9 GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Three recommendation forms that assess competence and character. Appropriate recommendations include those who have supervised the applicant’s leadership or teaching experience with children/youth in public or private settings, an employer who directly supervised the applicant, or one faculty/academic reference. References from neighbors, friends, and relatives are not appropriate, unless they have served as supervisors. Please use the official recommendation forms; additional letters are optional.
- Résumé (preferred) or Statement of Experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- One- to two-page letter to the dean addressing the following topics: experiences from the applicant’s background that may enhance the teaching experience; the most rewarding and challenging aspects of working with youth; why the applicant wants to teach; preferred grade level and content areas and why; special interests, hobbies, or abilities; extracurricular activities; and previous residence or travel experiences. Written communication skills will be assessed along with content.
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance. View instructions on Obtaining a Certificate of Clearance. Applicants are encouraged to begin this step as soon as possible to allow time for the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to process your information.
- Proof of passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) or proof of paid registration for the next test
- Proof of passage of the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) or proof of paid registration for the next exam
Send all materials to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The student is notified in writing of the admission decision.