At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Domestic Applicant Requirements
- Twelve semester units of undergraduate or graduate coursework in education
- For each year of verified full-time teaching, three units of prerequisites may be waived.
Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the standard admission process. View international requirements below or contact the International Center at +1-626-812-3055 or by email.
- Graduate Application for Admission
(Apply Online | Download PDF)
- $45 nonrefundable application fee. View payment methods.
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all post-baccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a 2.5–2.9 GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Three recommendation forms submitted by principals, district administrators, professors, or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- One-page personal statement describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Résumé or Statement of Experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance. View instructions on Obtaining a Certificate of Clearance. Applicants are encouraged to begin this step as soon as possible to allow time for the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to process your information.
- Emailed letter to the educational technology program director, Kathleen Bacer, Ed.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org, describing technology proficiencies, technology goals, and learning styles that may be suitable to the online learning environment and educational technology degree. Also include the model and brand of the computer you will be using for the program, along with your Internet service provider.
Send all materials to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The student is notified in writing of the admission decision.