At a Glance
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Excellence in Educational Leadership
Azusa Pacific University’s Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership brings together a network of practitioner-scholars to equip a broad range of educators who wish to expand and deepen their knowledge and enhance their capacity to lead, inspire, and educate. Experienced faculty provide personalized guidance throughout the program, with face-to-face class meetings that are enhanced and supplemented by online instruction. Cultivate visionary leadership and learn to integrate a Christ-centered perspective into professional practice, preparing you to make a transformative impact on schools and districts, and the lives of students in them.
Ed.D. Program Highlights
- Experience coursework taught and designed by current superintendents and faculty researchers, adding depth and relevance to APU’s learning community of educators.
- Receive comprehensive support from faculty as you select an individual topic of study and complete original research.
- Draw fundamental connections between theory, research, and practice with an emphasis on applied research that leads to positive change in K–12 schools and districts.
- Benefit from classes that explore contemporary issues in education as they happen and evolve, enabling educators to remain at the forefront of knowledge.
- Develop the research skills needed to produce results and shape effective learning environments from a practitioner-scholar perspective.
- Benefit from a guided dissertation process embedded within coursework, empowering candidates to complete their doctorate on time.
- Finish your doctoral degree in three years through a streamlined, cohort-based program.
APU also offers doctoral programs in higher education through the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences.
School of Education Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). In addition, the School of Education receives accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), which is transitioning to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), making APU one of only three private schools in California with this distinction. Further, our credential programs are accredited by California’s Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Our Educational Psychology program is also accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). These notable accreditations set APU graduates apart from other candidates and ensure that your degree will be recognized throughout the United States and internationally.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.