About the Program
With program requirements and class times tailored to the working adult, APU's School of Education programs fit your schedule.
- Classes meet one night a week for nine weeks.
- Each class lasts approximately four hours.
- Students should not take more than two courses (6 units) per term.
- It takes most working individuals 12–18 months to finish the program, depending on requirements.
- Six-week summer sessions are available.
Aspiring and veteran educators from a variety of backgrounds pursue their graduate degree at APU. Most are adult students seeking to enhance their professional development, while others enter the program as a step toward a career change. Our student population comprises approximately 60 percent women and 40 percent men. Small class sizes increase opportunity for individual attention from expert faculty, making the education experience both relevant and personal.