At a Glance
Cost per unit
Master’s Degree in Gifted and Talented Education
The Master of Arts in Education: Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) and Single Subject Teaching Credential program empowers educators to effectively engage gifted and talented learners. Combining curricula of the credential and master’s degree, the program offers a streamlined educational package, preparing teachers for positions at the middle and high school levels (7–12) and as pre-K–12 specialists in art, music, and physical education.
Graduates of the program not only earn a master’s degree and credential, but also gain GATE certification, allowing them to teach in gifted and talented cluster classes, gifted enrichment programs, and honors coursework. This certification also qualifies candidates to function as GATE coordinators or specialists within school districts.
Candidates learn from expert faculty who guide them to an in-depth understanding of the diverse educational needs of gifted and talented children and youth. Program instruction blends specific methods coursework with practical classroom experiences in both middle schools and high schools. Courses integrate a distinctly Christian perspective, enabling teacher candidates to build a strong foundation of ethics, compassion, and teaching competency.
- Advance your career as a highly marketable educator with an optional, supplementary authorization in addition to the credential.
- Benefit from a flexible program schedule, completing credential coursework through on-campus classes and master’s degree coursework entirely online.
- Become a valued educational leader with skills relevant to the diverse spectrum of gifted and talented students today.
- Experience a rich learning community as you progress through the program with the same group of peers.
- Earn your degree from a top-ranked Christian university known for excellence in education and successful graduates.
This degree and credential program is offered by APU’s School of Education. View additional graduate education programs.