At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
About the Program
APU’s Master of Arts in Physical Education with Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization is designed for candidates who already possess a teaching credential in physical education and who seek to teach both adapted physical education (APE) and general physical education at the K–12 and community college levels.
The combined master’s degree and added authorization program delivers a comprehensive educational package. Graduates gain a marketable specialty in adapted physical education that allows for expanded employment opportunities and the skills to make a difference in the lives of diverse students.
Applicants who currently possess an Education Specialist credential must either complete 12 units of upper-division physical education prerequisites or successfully pass the CSET prior to entering the program.
The School of Education also offers the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization without a master’s degree.
- Graduate with your degree in as little as 18–24 months.
- Benefit from a blend of relevant coursework, scholarly research, and practical training in the field.
- Study alongside expert faculty who bring their experience to the learning environment.
- Graduates are equipped to work in three distinct capacities: general physical education, dedicated adapted physical education, and hybrid positions teaching both general and adapted physical education.
- Earn your degree from a top Christian university dedicated to God First since 1899.
School of Education Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the School of Education receives accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), making APU one of only three private schools in California with this distinction. Further, our credential programs are accredited by California’s Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Our Master of Arts in Education: Educational Psychology Program is also accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). These notable accreditations set APU graduates apart from other candidates and ensure your degree will be recognized throughout the United States and internationally.
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.