Master’s Degree in Physical Education
APU’s Online Master of Science in Physical Education equips candidates to support student development as skilled practitioners of physical education. Graduates gain the training and educational background to make a significant impact in the lives of the students they will serve.
Candidates in the master’s degree program prepare for advancement in a variety of careers, including coaching, athletic direction, sports management, and fitness training or entrepreneurship. The program also allows credentialed K–12 physical educators and college-level instructors to enhance their roles and build new skills.
The online program format also offers convenience and flexibility—without sacrificing the comprehensive, relevant academics for which APU is known. Graduates are positioned as valuable leaders with the knowledge to develop and implement physical education programs tailored to modern, diverse students.
Candidates also have the option of earning their degree with an emphasis in Sport Management and Integrated Leadership.
- Earn your degree in as little as 15 months.
- Benefit from a proven curriculum that blends relevant coursework and research with practical training in the field.
- Study alongside expert faculty who bring their experience to the learning environment.
- Small, highly interactive courses enhance the online learning community as students progress through the program with a cohort of peers.
- Graduates of the program are eligible to instruct physical education, administrate athletic programs, and coach at the junior college and four-year university levels.
- Choose a highly marketable emphasis in Sport Management and Integrated Leadership.
- Earn your degree from a top Christian university dedicated to God First since 1899.
School of Education Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the School of Education receives accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), making APU one of only three private schools in California with this distinction. Further, our credential programs are accredited by California’s Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Our Master of Arts in Education: Educational Psychology Program is also accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). These notable accreditations set APU graduates apart from other candidates and ensure your degree will be recognized throughout the United States and internationally.
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.