At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Sport Management and Integrated Leadership
- Twelve semester units of undergraduate or graduate coursework in education, or a baccalaureate degree or concentration in physical education
- For each year of verified, full-time teaching or coaching experience, three units of prerequisites may be waived.
- Students pursuing a teaching credential should refer to the Department of Teacher Education prior to applying to the Physical Education program.
University graduate and program admission requirements must be met before an application is complete. (View university requirements for graduate admission.)
- Graduate Application for Admission
(Apply Online | Download PDF)
- $45 nonrefundable application fee. View payment methods.
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all post-baccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a 2.5–2.9 GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Three recommendation forms submitted by principals, district administrators, professors, or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Letter to the dean describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Résumé or Statement of Experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance. View instructions on Obtaining a Certificate of Clearance. Applicants are encouraged to begin this step as soon as possible to allow time for the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to process your information.
Send all materials to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The student is notified in writing of the admission decision.