At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Sport Management and Integrated Leadership
- Twelve semester units of undergraduate or graduate coursework in education, or a baccalaureate degree or concentration in physical education
- For each year of verified, full-time teaching or coaching experience, three units of prerequisites may be waived.
- Students pursuing a teaching credential should refer to the Department of Teacher Education prior to applying to the Physical Education program.
University graduate and program admission requirements must be met before an application is complete. (See Graduate Admission to the University.)
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission (Apply Online | Download PDF)
- A $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to, and awarding, the applicant’s baccalaureate degree and all post-baccalaureate study (To be considered official, a transcript must be mailed directly from the Office of the Registrar of the institution attended to the Graduate and Professional Center at Azusa Pacific University. Students’ sealed copies will not be considered official.)
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum bachelor’s or master’s grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Three recommendation forms submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Letter to the dean describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Résumé or Statement of Experience
- Certificate of Clearance or valid Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) document for those residing in the state of California. Applicants residing outside California may complete the Affidavit for Clearance (PDF).
Submit all materials to:Graduate and Professional Center: Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Fax: (626) 815-4545 • (626) 815-4571
Note: This information is current for the 2014–15 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.