About the Program
With program requirements and class times tailored to the working adult, APU’s School of Education programs fit your schedule.
- Classes meet one night a week for nine weeks.
- Each class lasts approximately four hours.
- Students should not take more than two courses (6 units) per term.
- It takes most working individuals 12–18 months to finish the program, depending on requirements.
- Six-week summer sessions are available.
Aspiring and veteran educators from a variety of backgrounds pursue their graduate degree at APU. Most are adult students seeking to enhance their professional development, while others enter the program as a step toward a career change. Small class sizes increase opportunity for individual attention from expert faculty, making the education experience both relevant and personal.