What is an Online Course?
Azusa Pacific’s online courses combine the content and quality of traditional, face-to-face classes with the convenience and flexibility of an online format. APU faculty who teach online courses also teach in our on-campus programs. Students can participate in discussions and complete assignments when and where it works best for them. The dynamic online learning environment also promotes high levels of interaction with the professor and with other students in the program.
Is an Online Course for Me?
Online courses are ideal for students whose work schedules make it difficult to be on a campus during traditional school hours. Those who live far from campus also find online learning beneficial. Because online classes have weekly requirements and deadlines, students must be motivated to learn and have self-discipline.
Where Do I Start?
Enroll for your online course through the registrar’s office. When you register, you must supply a valid email address.
Step 2—Tech Check
To make sure your computer can access your online course, visit our system requirements page for the current technical requirements for online classes and browser test.
Note: Your online course is built in a system called Sakai. Sakai works best with Google Chrome and Firefox browsers. The most recent version of Internet Explorer (IE) is also suitable, however, you will not be able to view live media or video with IE.
Step 3—Log In
Please note that you will not be able to log in until the first day of the term. There are two options for logging in:
- Go to home.apu.edu.
- Enter your APU Net ID and password.
- Scroll down to the Quicklinks menu on the home.apu.edu welcome page.
- Click on the Sakai link at the bottom of the Quicklinks menu.
- Go to sakai.apu.edu and click on “Log In.”
- Enter your APU Net ID and password to log in to your Sakai account.
Step 4—Access Your Course
- My Workspace
After logging in, you will arrive at My Workspace.
- Find Your Course
From the “My Workspace” page, click “More Sites” to find your course. Select and open your course.
- Left Sidebar
Within your course, the left sidebar contains a list of items that vary depending on the course. Click the different links to explore their functions.
You may personalize the look, content, and function of your Workspace through the “Preferences” tool in the left sidebar.
- If you can't see your course, an assignment, or your grade, ask your instructor. Instructors control those items.
- If you have technical problems, please contact the IMT Support Desk. The Support Desk is available 24/7 for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (626) 815-5050.