Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant is gift aid that does not need to be repaid. In order to receive a Pell Grant at Azusa Pacific University, a graduate student must:
- Enroll in a teaching credential-only program pursuing their first teaching credential
- Only the following programs are currently Pell eligible:
- Special Education Mild/Moderate Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential
- Special Education Moderate/Severe Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential
- Enroll at least half time (6 units) per term
- Have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have remaining Pell eligibility (under 600%)
For the 2013–14 academic year, a student must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $5,081 or less. Awards range from $605 to $5,645 for students enrolled full time and are prorated for those enrolled less than full time.
- Full time = 12 units or more
- Three-quarters time = 9 –11 units
- Half time = 6–8 units
At the add/drop date of the second session for the term, Financial Aid Officers will verify the student’s program, classes, and units, and will make necessary adjustments to reflect actual enrollment.
More information can be found on the federal student aid website.