Cal Grants

Cal Grant A and B

Students who received Cal Grant A and Cal Grant B as undergraduate students have 15 months to enroll in a teacher education program to renew this funding. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed and a Cal Grant Teaching Credential Application (G-44) (PDF) sent to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) to continue receipt of these funds.

Cal Grant B Access

Cal Grant B Access award may allow up to $1,551 for the academic year. The Access Grant is designated for costs including living expenses, transportation, supplies, and books.

Azusa Pacific University policy states we will transfer your eligible Access Grant award to your student account toward your outstanding balance.

You have the right to request, in writing, your Access Grant be refunded to you excluding it from paying the outstanding balance on your student account. If your award has transferred prior to your written request, APU will no longer apply the Access Grant to outstanding balance for future disbursements.

Please note: An outstanding balance on your student account will prevent future registrations from being processed.

Who is eligible to apply:

  • Anyone who received at least one payment in the Cal Grant A or B program as an undergraduate.
  • Anyone who has received a bachelor’s degree, or completed all required coursework for their bachelor's degree.
  • Anyone who has been accepted into and is enrolled in a professional teacher preparation program at a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing-approved institution within 15 months of the end of the term for which the recipient last received a Cal Grant payment.
  • Anyone who has not received or submitted an application for an initial Teaching Credential, such as a Preliminary or Clear Credential.
  • Anyone who maintains financial need for a Cal Grant renewal.

*Eligibility requirements per CSAC.

Student must submit:

Cal A and B Eligible Classes

Mild/Moderate Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential, Track A

Mild/Moderate Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential, Track B

Moderate/Severe Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential, Track A

Moderate/Severe Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential, Track B

Multiple-Subject Teaching Credential, Track A

Multiple-Subject Teaching Credential, Track B

Single-Subject Teaching Credential, Track A

Single-Subject Teaching Credential, Track B

An eligible Cal Grant recipient must not:

  • Owe a refund on any state or federal educational grant or have delinquent or defaulted student loans
  • Have received or been eligible to receive any Cal Grant undergraduate benefits for the last 15 months.
  • Have received any extended teacher credential program benefits in any State Cal Grant program
  • Already have or applied for an initial teaching authorization such as a preliminary or clear credential
  • Exceed the income or asset ceilings determined for the year in which the aid is made