Potential Symptoms of an Influenza-like Illness (ILI)
You could have an ILI if you develop the sudden onset (within a few hours) of:
- A fever of at least 100˚F or 37.8˚C and
- A cough or sore throat.
If the above are true, you should see a health care provider.
Additional symptoms that would make an ILI more likely include headache, fatigue, chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or rash.
Symptoms that Need Urgent Evaluation
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest or abdominal pain or pressure
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Symptoms improve initially but then worsen with fever and cough