About the Honors College
The Azusa Pacific University Honors College offers an academically enriched plan of study developed for talented and motivated students. The curriculum fulfills a significant portion of the General Education requirements while challenging students with greater depth, intensity, and intellectual rigor. The program coursework suits students committed to intellectual dialogue and Christian fellowship with scholars. In addition to the honors curriculum, the program offers extracurricular cultural and social activities, service learning, and international study that deepen the educational experience.
The Honors College challenges students to perform at their highest level of academic excellence, and offers them the opportunity to develop their abilities to the fullest. Close student-faculty collaboration is fostered through limited class enrollment of 15–18 students. Faculty teaching in the program are acknowledged experts in their field and are known for their outstanding scholarly contributions.
Honors students must:
- Maintain a cumulative grade-point average of 3.3 or higher.
- Complete a minimum of 24 units of the honors curriculum.
- Complete four semesters of Honors Colloquia.
- Complete an Honors Capstone/Thesis Project.
Honors scholar graduates receive a certificate of completion, distinction as an honors scholar on their diploma, and a beautiful honors medallion to wear at graduation and keep as a memento of their achievements.
Life of the Mind and Soul, a blog led by honors faculty member Joseph Bentz, Ph.D., professor in the Department of English, features interviews, debates, book reviews, and Bentz’s personal reflections. Hear from Bentz and guests as they discuss literature, faith, current events, writing, and more.
- The Best Five Answers: If You Could Improve Your Life in One Way, What Would It Be?What one thing would most improve your life? More money? Better health? More sleep? A dog? Two brains? More motivation? More exercise? More time? Better relationships? Those were among the answers I received...
- The Best Five Answers: What Time Period Do You Wish You Had Been Born In, and Why?I have always felt that I was born in the wrong era. Like the main character in the film, Midnight in Paris, I always felt I would have fit in better in the era of some of the literary geniuses …...
- The Best Five Answers: What is the Best Way You Have Found to Handle Disappointment?Let’s get one thing settled from the start. According to the answers I received this week, can you guess which treat was mentioned most often as disappointment comfort food? Ice cream. I am happy to...