- Program Options
- Distinctives and Benefits
- Further Details
- Getting Started
- Application Process
- Completion of the Certificate Program
- More Information
As part of a campus-wide effort to promote development opportunities for APU employees, the Office of Human Resources’ Workplace Learning is pleased to offer the following certificate programs. These programs are designed for post-baccalaureate employees who seek to further their education and advance their skills for continued professional growth.
- Advanced Leadership Certificate
- Advanced Human Resource Management Certificate
- Advanced Organizational Development and Change Certificate
- Advanced Performance Improvement Certificate
- Advanced Workplace Learning Certificate
- Diversity Certificate
Distinctives and Benefits
- Programs can be completed in as little as one year at minimal cost or in two years at no cost to the employee.
- Application fee is waived for eligible employees.
- Classes are offered on the Azusa campus one night a week for nine-week terms.
- Employees may progress on to a corresponding master’s degree program.
- Each participant works closely with a mentor for the duration of the program.
- 100 percent discount on first three units per semester
- 75 percent discount on second three units per semester
Please refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information on the tuition benefit.
Employees may choose a one-year or two-year program completion timeline. The program must be completed within four years from the date of acceptance.
Classes meet once a week in the evenings, usually 4:45 to 9:45 p.m. or 5:55 to 9:55 p.m. depending on the program.
- Employees must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least a 3.0 baccalaureate or master’s grade-point average on a 4.0 scale. Employees with a GPA of 2.5-2.99 may be considered for provisional admission.
- Employees must work at APU for at least thirty hours per week and be a regular-status staff member throughout the duration of the program. In addition, all participants must have completed at least three months of their orientation period.
- Employees must maintain acceptable work performance and be in good standing with the university in accordance with the Employee Handbook guidelines.
- Employees currently enrolled in a corresponding master’s program are eligible to enroll in a certificate program provided they meet the application criteria and are notified of their acceptance by the Office of Human Resources. These employees must complete at least one course after acceptance into the certificate program; the remaining three courses will be counted upon proof of completion.
University graduate and program admission requirements must be met before an application is complete. Please read more about graduate admission to the university.
- Submit a Workplace Learning: Certificate Program Statement of Intent (PDF) describing professional goals, including reasons for seeking the specified certificate.
- Submit a completed graduate application for admission. An online application is available.
- Submit an Educational Benefit Request for Full-Time Faculty/Staff.
The Office of Human Resources is available to assist you in the admission process as needed.
Once all application materials have been received, Graduate Admissions and the Workplace Learning staff will review the file. The employee will then be notified of his/her admission status. Academic advising with the appropriate program coordinator is then scheduled to determine course selections.
Completion of the Certificate Program
When you have completed the requirements for the certificate program, sign the Workplace Learning: Certificate Program Verification of Completion (MS Word) and turn it in to the Office of Human Resources along with transcripts of the completed courses.
Workplace Learning will then review these materials to verify that they are complete and the requirements for the certificate have been met. The certificate will then be granted to the employee.
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.