Advanced Organizational Development and Change Certificate
The Advanced Organizational Development and Change Certificate program is a joint venture between the Office of Human Resources’ Workplace Learning and the School of Business and Management.
The 12-unit (4 three-unit classes) program is designed for post-baccalaureate APU employees who desire to develop their management and leadership skills, and apply concepts and principles that will enhance their personal and professional development.
The Advanced Organizational Development and Change Certificate program is committed to preparing employees to serve as organizational managers and leaders through a broad-based management education. The program builds conceptual skills and core values needed to become effective managers and leaders in today’s rapidly changing global business environment, and specifically emphasizes the application of theory to management practice.
This certificate program incorporates work which may be applied to a Master of Arts in Management (MAM). Academic advising with the MAM program coordinator is available for certificate program employees wishing to pursue their master’s degree.
The Advanced Organizational Development and Change Certificate is based on the following objectives:
- Examine the forces of change and recognize several approaches to planned organizational change.
- Examine organizational development processes and strategies for identifying organizational, procedural, and individual gap analysis.
- Learn change management strategies and identification of change forces including strategies for dealing with the resistance to change that usually occurs.
- Study several international and cross-cultural factors that affect organizational change processes.
- Establish steps on how to manage organizational change and development.
- Develop the tools with which managers design a system that enables the organization to be effective.
- Recognize organizational designs based on the contingency approach.
- Examine several organization designs: mechanistic and organic designs, and the socio-technical systems perspective.
- Study the Mintzberg framework for classifying organization structures, matrix designs, and virtual organizations.
The Advanced Organizational Development and Change Certificate is granted to employees who complete all four courses listed below (12 units with at least a B grade in each course):
- MGMT 516 Organizational Behavior (3)
- HROD 501 Organizational Design and the Psychology of Work Behavior (3)
- MGMT 521 Organizational Development and Change (3)
- MGMT 529 Ethical Decision Making (3)
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
More information on program distinctives and benefits, cost, prerequisites, and the application process can be found on the Certificate Programs page.