About Information and Media Technology
The mission of Information and Media Technology (IMT) is to proactively fuse our purpose, people, organization, and information in a strategic framework that is professionally supported by appropriate information-rich technologies. Our vision is to celebrate a global, diverse, and liberated community of learning through an excellent and strategic architecture of rich information resources and services.
IMT exists to meet the information and technology needs of the APU community in the following ways:
- Provide a supported, stable, and effective operational infrastructure for technology by leveraging standards-based hardware and software supported by excellent IT professionals.
- Create an environment for online learning that supports the academic vision and distributed opportunities.
- Develop policies that facilitate an effective university enterprise IT architecture.
- Partner with stakeholders in reviewing and reengineering organization processes that support the university's mission, leading to the identification of future technological capabilities, services and applications.
- Promote professional development opportunities for both technical and behavioral skills.
IMT is made up of the following divisions:
- IT Operations
- Support and Training
- Application Software Maintenance
- IT Project and Cost Accounting
- Infrastructure Development
- Application Software
- Risk Management
- Supplier Management
- Standards and Tools
- Planning and Decision Support
To learn more about on each division, read IMT’s Business Model.
Members of the APU community may read IMT’s Strategic Direction for further details about principles and values, the business model, and more.
Please note: Before viewing IMT’s Strategic Direction, please verify your Internet browser cookies are enabled.
For more information about IMT, please contact us.