Skip to Content
Laptop Use Tutorial
Battery Life and Charging
- All HP and Apple models have an optimum battery life of approximately 5 hours.
- When using the laptop on battery supply, the operating system will warn the user when the battery life is low.
- All laptop models charge more rapidly if they are off while charging.
Memory Key Use
- Remove the memory key cap.
- On one side is an imprint with the capacity of the memory key; insert the key into a USB port with the aforementioned side facing up.
- Give the operating system a few moments to detect the memory key.
- In Windows, go to Start > My Computer > DOK (E:); in Macintosh OSX, a Disk on Key icon will appear on the desktop.
- Files can be copied through drag-and-drop or by saving directly to the memory key the same way files are saved to a hard drive.
- In Windows, the memory key needs to be properly ejected when finished. To do so, click on the green arrow icon to the right of the clock and select USB Mass Storage Device (E:) from the list.
- For any technical difficulties with a laptop, bring it in to IMT for evaluation or assistance.
- If IMT cannot repair the laptop within 30 minutes, you will receive a loaner laptop until your original laptop is in satisfactory condition.
- For general or non-repair inquiries, contact the Laptop Program coordinator at (626) 815-3831 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.