Computer migration is the process of moving files and programs from one system to another during a routine refresh/upgrade. IMT will move the following files, programs, user settings, and preferences during the migration procedure:
- Outlook settings
- Outlook profiles
- Outlook personal folders (.pst file)
- Outlook personal address books (.pab files)
- Other mailboxes set up to open
- Outlook signatures
We will only reinstall APU printers.
- Dial-up modem settings
We will only reinstall APU dial-up.
- IE favorites and Netscape bookmarks
- File types listed below
If you have files other than these, IMT is not responsible for them. You will need to move them before the migration/refresh. We will search the computer for these files regardless of where they may be stored. The files that we moved will be put back on the machine, after the migration/refresh procedure, in the "My Documents" folder.
- Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.dot)
- Microsoft Excel (*.xls, *.xlt)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (*.ppt)
- Microsoft Access (*.mdb)
- Microsoft Publisher (*.pub)
- Microsoft Outlook (*.pst, *.pab)
- Microsoft Project (*.mp*)
- Microsoft Visio (*.vs*)
- FileMaker Pro (*.fp3, *.fp5)
- SPSS (*.sav)
- Micrograde (*.cls)
- IMT-supported applications
Further information regarding supported software is available. We will reinstall only supported applications, assuming that there is a valid license for them.
(If the computer has wireless capability)
- Background wallpaper
In effect as of October 1, 2002.