Virtual Private Network (VPN)
APU’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a new service from IMT designed only for faculty and staff with APU-owned laptop computers.
VPN provides a secure network connection over the Internet to APU network resources from remote locations. We recommend that VPN be used only with high-speed Internet connectivity methods, like DSL or broadband services.
The VPN connection is established by running special software on the laptop that communicates with specific hardware located at APU. This special software need only be installed once on the APU owned laptop. By selecting the appropriate laptop operating system below, you may install this software on your laptop, after following the provided prompts.
This software can only be installed on the laptop while on campus, connected to APU’s network.
- Operating system requirements
- Services available via VPN
- Outlook (Windows)
- Entourage (Mac)
- Mapped network drives (L:, M: , etc)
- Network printers
- It is the responsibility of employees with VPN privileges to ensure that unauthorized users are not allowed access to Azusa Pacific University internal networks via their VPN.
- Azusa Pacific University’s VPN solution is only to be installed on APU-owned laptops.
- Installation of APU’s VPN solution will not be supported on any other computers.
- All network activity during a VPN session is subject to APU policies and may be monitored for compliance.
- VPN is recommended only for those that are connected to a high-speed/broadband Internet connection, for example DSL or cable modem. VPN is not recommended for use over dial-up.
- VPN users will be automatically disconnected from APU’s network after thirty minutes of inactivity. The user must then logon again to reconnect to the network. Pings or other artificial network processes should not be used to keep the connection open.
- Only VPN clients distributed by IMT may be used to connect to APU’s VPN.
Choose your operating system below to begin the download.
By downloading this software you agree to the responsibilities outlined above.
Need help installing? Contact IMT.