International Tutoring Center
APU’s International Tutoring Center (ITC) provides specialized writing support to students whose first language is not English. Specially trained and culturally sensitive graduate consultants provide client-centered, non-directive grammar feedback while also offering support in the following areas: understanding an assignment, APA/MLA/CMS style, thesis development, use of support, organization, and audience awareness.
The ITC exists to partner with APU’s non-native English-speaking community by facilitating the continued development of English-language skills in order to optimize students’ academic success.
- We believe in being student-centered, both in theory and in practice, to facilitate partnership between the consultant and the student, and to help students identify and achieve their personal academic goals.
- We believe in a non-directive approach to language feedback in order to empower individuals to be active in the learning process and to uphold academic integrity.
- We promote long-term development of language skills and thus encourage weekly visits.
- We provide professional and specially trained consultants who have experience and/or training in working with non-native English speakers.
- We believe in the value of one-on-one feedback in providing optimal results when working within limited time constraints.
- Register online for tutoring assistance.
- Select “Click here to register,” located at the top left of the page.
- Enter the required information, including your email and a password of your choice.
- Click “Register” to submit your information.
To schedule appointments:
- You may schedule appointments online.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select “Log In.”
- Choose the day and time that is most convenient for you. (A white box indicates an open appointment time.)
- Click on a white box and enter the required information.
- Select “Save Appointment.”
- Once saved, your appointments will appear in yellow on the schedule.
For additional information, email email@example.com.