Summer University Preparation Program
Update: The 2014 SUPP has been canceled. Please check back for future dates. If you have any questions, please email Miriam Escobedo, student services coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a unique study abroad experience? Do you wonder if you are academically ready to enter university? Would you like to improve your English so you can find a global career?
Join APU’s American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI) for four action-packed weeks that are sure to change your life and broaden your horizons.
- Build friendships with both American students and other international students to give you a global perspective.
- Improve your academic writing and presentation skills.*
- Stretch yourself as a leader and learn to relate to other cultures.
- Be challenged to think about your relationship with God and how you can serve others.
- Receive an academic certificate of completion from ALCI.
Each of the four weeks of SUPP is made up of 20 hours of academic classes, interaction with other students and APU interns in culture workshops and activities, and field trips to explore Southern California.
Students must be at least 16 years old to attend SUPP.
* Please note: This one-month program does not provide academic credit toward the traditional ALCI academic courses, but does provide a certificate of completion.
Areas of Instruction
- Academic writing and study skills
- Oral presentations
- Oral communication skills
- American culture
- Intercultural communication
- California beaches
- Huntington Library
- A museum
- Outlet shopping
- City of Azusa
This fee includes all tuition, books, room, three meals per day, weekend field trips and entry fees, opening reception, and closing banquet.
You will be responsible for personal expenses such as snacks, laundry, and spending money (estimate $200). In addition, all international students must apply for and pay their own visa fees and SEVIS fee ($200) to study in the U.S. as an F-1 student. Each student must also submit a copy of his/her travel insurance policy.
Housing and Meals
All students will be housed on campus in the residence halls or apartments. Students will be housed two students of the same gender per room. Students eat in APU’s 1899 Dining Hall or off-campus during field trips. Laundry facilities are available in the residence halls and apartments. Markets are close by for shopping and personal needs.
Azusa Pacific University is located in the city of Azusa, a small-town atmosphere in the heart of sunny Southern California. Within a 45-minute drive are numerous beaches, mountain resorts, state parks, sports arenas, Disneyland, Hollywood, Los Angeles, and famous cultural centers for music, theater, and art. The campus is within walking distance to restaurants, a movie theater, pharmacies, grocery stores, clothing stores, banks, and churches.
For more information, please contact Miriam Escobedo, student services coordinator, at email@example.com.