Doctoral Admission Requirements
Required Application Materials
All the application materials listed below must be submitted to the International Center. Once an application is complete, the department of study will carefully review it and an admission decision will be made. There are intensive programs and regular term programs.
- An International Graduate Application form (Apply Online | Download PDF)*
- $45 (U.S.) nonrefundable application fee
- A copy of valid passport
- Official transcripts and proof of posted baccalaureate and master’s degrees
- A letter to the dean
- Three letters of recommendation (PDF)
- Statement of experience or résumé
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Writing sample
- Affidavit of Financial Support form (attached to the application form)
- Sponsor’s current official bank statement showing sufficient funds (Tuition and Fees)
Note: Additional program-specific items are required to complete the graduate application. These must be submitted to the International Center as well.
A minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 US scale is required for all international applicants. Some programs require a high GPA. Please review the program-specific items.
English Proficiency Requirements
All international applicants must provide a proof of English proficiency. There are a few ways to provide them. Please review the English Proficiency Requirements site. For a TOEFL score report, use APU’s school code of 4596 to request the report to be sent to APU. Please note, the score is only valid for two years.
Additional Test Requirements
Other test score reports (GMAT, GRE, or CBEST) may be required for certain programs. Please review the program-specific items.