Graduate Admission Requirements
Required Application Materials
All the required application materials listed below must be submitted to the International Center. If applicants are admissible to the university after evaluation is complete by the graduate enrollment counselor, their application will be forwarded to the specific department of interest for further review. Each department will determine if an applicant needs prerequisites or must fulfill further requirements before enrolling into its graduate program.
- An International Graduate Application form (Apply Online | Download PDF*)
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- A letter to the dean
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Experience or Resume
- Official university transcripts (Please see the Transcript Policy below.)
- Official TOEFL (90 iBT M.A./M.S.) or IELTS (7.0 M.A./M.S.) score
- All international applicants must provide a proof of English proficiency. There are a few ways to provide them. Please review English Proficiency Requirements. For a TOEFL score report, use APU’s school code, 4596, to request the report to be sent to APU. Please note, the score is only valid for two years.
- A bank statement or other official forms of documentation of financial support must accompany the financial statement and Graduate Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF) form. (Please see tuition and fees.)
- Copy of passport
Note: Additional program-specific items are required to complete the graduate application. These must be submitted to the International Center as well.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts for all degrees, certificates, and credentials earned. Official transcripts for other college coursework not leading to a degree, certificate, or credential may be required by the department for consideration.
An official transcript is one which Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and which bears the official seal of the college or university. APU reserves the right to require transcripts sent directly from the former institution. The baccalaureate degree transcript is required even if an applicant has already earned a master's degree.
An APU degree and earned credits can be verified by the International Center without applicants requesting an official transcript through the APU Registrar’s office.
Official international credentials (transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and degrees) must be submitted in their original language and also must be translated into English. The translated documents must be certified by an authorized official.
Credential program applicants must obtain a transcript from a Foreign Transcript Evaluation Service approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. If you need to have your foreign credential evaluated by a professional, please contact your graduate enrollment counselor for more information.
Once filed, transcripts are subject to the provisions of applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and cannot be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other educational institutions.
A minimum 3.0 grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 U.S. scale is required for all international applicants. Some programs require a higher GPA. Please review the program-specific requirements.
Additional Test Requirements
Other test score reports (GMAT, GRE, or CBEST) may be required for certain programs. Please review the program-specific items.