International Student Orientation
Welcome to Azusa Pacific University! We are very excited to meet you and welcome you into the APU international community. APU’s International Student Orientation (ISO) is uniquely designed by student leaders and staff to make your transition into your new life at APU and America a smooth one.
ISO provides resources and services for the following students:
- International undergraduate students
- International graduate students (including Artist Certificate)
- American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI) students
- Third Culture Kids (TCK)
- Research scholars
ISO is mandatory for all international undergraduate, graduate, artist certificate, and ALCI students on F-1 or J-1 visas. Follow the steps below to register for orientation.
ISO is highly recommended for TCKs who have spent the majority of their life away from the United States. You can register by following the steps below.
The International Student Orientation process at APU includes six parts:
- Online Pre-Orientation (mandatory for all international students and recommended for TCK’s and ALCI students)
- Early Arrival Week (university requirement testing)
- ISO (mandatory for all international students)
- English Placement Test (if needed)
- International Chapel Ohana Group (recommended for all)
Freshman international undergraduate students have three additional requirements:
- Register for and attend New Student Orientation, which begins August 26, 2016.
- Attend Post Orientation Seminars (mandatory for international students and recommended for TCK’s)
*Students in the International Beginnings section will participate in an International Chapel Ohana Group instead of an Alpha Group. The differences between Beginnings with Alpha and International Beginnings with Ohana Group will be covered in the Pre-Orientation. While we highly recommend International Beginnings with Ohana Groups for international undergraduate students, a student has the option to switch to the regular Beginnings with Alpha during ISO.