The Office of Innovative Teaching and Technology (ITT) exists to enrich the learning environment of APU by leveraging the best pedagogical practices and the most appropriate technologies that enhance teaching effectiveness. ITT recognizes teaching as a domain of scholarship in various disciplines, worthy of direct attention, focus, and constant improvement.
ITT is organized around three functional groups:
Faculty Engagement Group
- Offers an active schedule of face-to-face and online events and training opportunities to promote effective and innovative teaching at APU.
- Serves faculty via practical instructional resources, coaching consultations, classroom observations, and other support services.
Instructional Technology Group
- Provides faculty with prompt, professional, and proactive instructional technology support.
- Researches, pilots, and deploys new technologies that promote technology-enhanced learning at APU.
Online Learning Group
- Develops new online courses and programs in partnership with faculty and programs.
- Maintains and refreshes existing online courses and programs in partnership with faculty and programs.