The following list outlines the parameters of participating in an L.A. Term internship:
- There must be direct interaction with people. Sitting behind a desk processing paper work is not an acceptable internship for this program.
- A student must work continuously within a single organization.
- The internship must engage the student in a high level of interaction with diversity (i.e., involve the cultivation of relationships across differences of ethnicity, gender, age, political belief, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and/or educational background).
- The student must accomplish certain structured tasks that have been agreed upon by the student and organization to meet specific needs within the community.
- The internship must facilitate a mutually fulfilling relationship between the student and community members wherein both parties serve as beneficiary and contributor.
We have connections with many organizations who are doing good work in Los Angeles and who are eager to engage students. Contact us for a current list of our participating organizations.