The purpose of this collection is to showcase selected APU faculty and staff published works.
- During 2011, a new collection will be started called the "Faculty Collection" and will be shown as "Faculty Coll" in the Innovative system.
- Selected APU faculty and staff books going back to approximately 2005 will be housed in the "Faculty Collection" and will be part of the general collection with normal checkout periods.
- The "Faculty Collection" includes titles authored or edited by APU faculty and staff. The collection will not include journal articles, chapters in books, self-published materials, pamphlets, dissertations or theses. The section of the collection development policy which excludes textbooks will be suspended for this collection.
- Titles will be obtained by soliciting copies from authors. If necessary, funds from the collection development budget will be used. Second copies will be considered. A title may be moved from an existing collection and if so the librarian liaison for that title will be consulted.
- Materials not meeting the stated criteria for the "Faculty Collection" may be added or existing materials may be weeded at the discretion of the Associate Dean, University Libraries, and Head of Collection Development.
- These policies are subject to review and change by the Associate Dean, University Libraries, and Head of Collection Development.
February 7, 2011